You Guys

Information about panfish fishing in Missouri
Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Re: You Guys

Post by Wolfman » May 17th, 2004, 2:44 am

You got to have a silver tongue and it helps to have a VERY BIG 'Fishing Rod!' Image

You got into any hybrids on truman yet?

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 17th, 2004, 11:16 am

well its a good thing we caught a bunch early 'cause we haven't got to go in about a month! turkey season was a bust too, all because of WORK! (sorry about the 4 letter word fella's)

anyway, trotlining is going to get good here pretty quick, and early June i'm taking time off ust to try and catch a biggen or two, get back into some crappie's while we're at it.

finally after a month of being swamped, i may get to fish for the whole durn weekend this comming. its about time.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 17th, 2004, 1:37 pm

Where you going to trotline Dave?
Tablerock's got one out on TR, ill let him tell his fish story though...lol

safetybass
2018 Member of the Year

Post by safetybass » May 17th, 2004, 7:46 pm

Wolfie, haven't even tried hybrids yet. Been crappie fishing constantly. Had three tournaments on consecutive weekends. Fourth weekend they turned on. Go figure. My buddy's been having a blast below the dam on whites and 'brids. He didn't know he was catching hybrids below until he described them to me. He thought they were bigger, meaner whites. I am going to get to fish some more one of these days, but 4 weekends in a row has me sleeping with the pooch. I'd buy her something nice to make up, but she has started buying things herself while I'm fishing. Got to stay home a little to save my bank account.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 18th, 2004, 1:43 am

Well look at it this way. You keep sleeping with the pooch you get to keep fishing, got a bed warmer to that don't mind being pushed over onto the cold spot.
Course pooch breath is'nt any worse then morning breath except they got it morning and night. Those pooch Farts under the covers casn be killer in the middle of the night though!
You go back to sleeping with momma all you got to look foreward to is a bed hog, honeydo's, no fishing, less malodorus cover farts and morning breath only of a morning...lol

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 18th, 2004, 11:19 am

Truman Wolfie. looks like the next two weekends at least i'll be trottlinen, maybe more if i can get time off in early June. its not the wifes favorite way to fish, but she can bring her crappie pole while i try for the biggies.

her uncle got one last week 56lbs another up over 40lbs this week, flatheads. it must be nice to be retired, i've only got to work 37 more years!!! Image Image

somebody shoot me. Image

thats got to be the only downside to being 28 yr old. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 18th, 2004, 3:35 pm

Dave, TR is starting to pick a few flats out of tablerock now, got him #2 last night.
Got one maybe two more days to work on getting the old ladies garden ready then im free as a bird to fish pretty much when i want...lol
You know any good quiet spots on truman where a fella might get about 15 other guys together to go fishing? Be able to launch a boat and pitch a tent, stay a day or so without getting overrun with tourists on some good cat water?...lol Still looking for a good spot for a get together in june.

Uncle Bill
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Uncle Bill » May 18th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Wolfman, the spot won't be quiet for very long, not if you go up there with 15 other guys for a few days of drinking--I mean, fishing. Image

The last time I was down there, the upper Grand arm and Deepwater arm were just about empty. Kitty-fish ought to be starting to nest up that way.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 19th, 2004, 12:02 am

Bill, when we go to fish we fish, hell with that colorado koolaide nonsense...lol I don't remember but one or two beers being popped and that was at bonnots mill. Now sitting around the fire after we're done would'nt be bad, lil turkey n coke. But when im heading for the water it's water or soda for me. Mother nature and her creations is an unforgiveing Witch...lol
Now as to the quiet part, well thats part of the reason we want to avoid the tourist to. Ive known one or two of the guys to get a bit noisy, like ole copilot when he caught that blue a mile up river!...lol

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 19th, 2004, 1:05 pm

you can take your chances on corps land anywhere, but i can't give you an area that i can garuntee will be people free. quite a few campgrounds E of Clinton with boat ramp access.

i stay with inlaws just outside of Clinton, they have a hayfield full of ticks and calves you could stay in, but they're strict Baptist, no drinkin' and whatever you do, no dancin', not even if you catch a biggen. haha

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 19th, 2004, 2:30 pm

Don't expect it to be completely people free, just not overrun with tourist like some of the campgrouds. Ticks n calves would'nt bother me a bit, used to em.
Inlaws must be northern baptist if they don't drink or dance. Me im a backwoods baptist and thats kinda expected. drinking and danceing...lol
But like i told bill, the bunch that got together were'nt no angels but there was very very little drinking and no blood was spilt...lol

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 20th, 2004, 1:35 pm

honestly Wolfie, the best place i could think of with boat access is going to be pretty busy, esp on weekends. if you wanted to camp primitive, on the lake, i would have a good suggestion, but you'd need to boat in your tent, coolers etc. but, lake side camping and you'd be able to watch the jug lines from shore. may not be the best catfishin around though, there may be better areas. p.m. me if you're interested, i can direct you, weekdays would be best, and if its over Memorial weekends forget it, people every where, wouldn't be worth it imo.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » May 20th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Don't know how many would camp, last time only a couple stayed all night and into the next day.
PM me the spot and directions though.
May have a decent place if it works out on upper truman. Been talking to SB about a spot that sounds pretty decent. Low boat traffic, primitive camping, good cat water sounds like. May make a run up next week and look at it.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 21st, 2004, 10:50 am

p.m. sent, may not be what your looking for, for a big group, but for a smaller group/trip this spot may be ok.