Walleyes

Information about walleye fishing in Missouri
meat man
2018 Member of the Year

Walleyes

Post by meat man » January 5th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Has anyone been walleye fishing? I have been out a lot latley . The walleye are so tight lipped right now , over the past few weeks I have fished all over the lake I have found lots of fish . Mainly deep but the only ones biting are those green carp.{bass] I have caught some nice slab crappies but no walleyes. I would think they need to feed sooner or later. Any one catching any walleye on bull shoals or table rock? Image

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Walleyes

Post by ackermannsacre » January 6th, 2006, 1:43 am

I haven't been able to get out lately, working buku overtime over the holidays to pay for the tourneys later. But, have heard of a few caught up near Beaver Creek, not sure of the depth or methods though.
The BiteMe Tracker
http://www.mo-walleye.org

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » January 6th, 2006, 12:28 pm

For you guys that fish Bull Shoals regularly, how do you think the walleye fishing on the upper end near Forsyth is going to be this year? From what I am hearing you can walk across the rock piles to Powersite at the Pothole, and Swan Creek is a trickle. I ususally make a trip down there every year but it is sounding like it may be better to stick around my area near Truman and Stockton Lakea (at least for walleyes).
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » January 6th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Tigerhaze, a friend of mine said you could actually walk across the lake near Swan Creek.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishnxs » January 7th, 2006, 8:47 am

Hey Bill, did you get your new motor mounted?? Heading to Stockton here in a short---spoons and jigs Image

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » January 7th, 2006, 10:56 am

Nope, the motor finally got here this week, but they haven't started on it yet, supposed to get on it early this week.
The BiteMe Tracker

meat man
2018 Member of the Year

Post by meat man » January 7th, 2006, 12:11 pm

I think there will still be some monsters caught the next couple of months. Proably out of barker hole as usual . I have found a lot of eyes in the b creek area to k-doc the past couple of weeks ,the problem is they will not bite. But they surely will sooner or later. I am going to try it again tomorrow. Maybe I can boat a fish other than a bass.

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » January 7th, 2006, 5:14 pm

"Tigerhaze, a friend of mine said you could actually walk across the lake near Swan Creek."

Well that might be a stretch. Swan is down to about 3' across where it turns at the bluff. the Rockpile is high and dry and the lake/river where it spits to go to the powerhouse is about a foot deep across its breadth. There are herons standing well out in the water above River Run, but I think there is to much water in the channel to walk across until you hit the Pothole.
Haven't seen Beaver at the Marina, but the creek isn't as bad as some waters, but its low at 160. Image
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

Skeeter Jr.
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Skeeter Jr. » January 9th, 2006, 7:13 pm

So far the fishing up at Beaver has been good. Steve Fisher landed a 7.2 pounder. We have been only catching shorts. Also been catching some Nice Yellow Perch

walleyesrus
2018 Member of the Year

Post by walleyesrus » January 9th, 2006, 10:05 pm

I got a 21"er on Stockton Sat. on a spoon. Heading back up there Fri and then it will be down to B.S. to start prefishing.

meat man
2018 Member of the Year

Post by meat man » January 9th, 2006, 10:52 pm

I have not boated a walleye the past 3 trips . Went out of tucker hollow sunday @ 9 am fished with a guy from bull shoals did not put a fish in the boat . Marked a lot of what I think are walleyes but no takers. The past few times out I have caught atleast some fish. It would help if these marinas around would carry some kind of minnows besides crappie minnows.

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » January 9th, 2006, 11:21 pm

I can usually get 4" shiners at Trantham's in Springfield, but it is hard to figure out their hours during the winter. They are supposed to be open 8am-5pm on Friday and Saturday, but they aren't always open during those times when I stop by.
The BiteMe Tracker

meat man
2018 Member of the Year

Post by meat man » January 10th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Bill, lets try to go next thursday if you can get us some shiners . I got some fish found I think the only way there going to bite is on live bait.

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » January 10th, 2006, 4:14 pm

They are only open on Fri & Sat, doubt I could keep them alive that long if I got them this week.

Gonna give Gulp and drop shotting a try on Stockton this Friday.

I need to get setup with a tank and an aerator for the winter months to keep minners in.
The BiteMe Tracker

fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishnxs » January 11th, 2006, 11:26 am

Bill the bait shop over at Willard use to keep some nice shiners. Can't remember the name---Cotters Corner or something like that. There at the juction of 123 and 160, wouldn't be out of your way going to Stockton.
We picked up a couple of wally's last Sat., some crappie and a bunch of blacks. They were picking the jigs up off the bottom in 15' to 28' of water. Slow slow slow was the key.
Sunday no wally's but a lot of nice crappie.