Truman Tailrace

Share your fishing reports here
Jenny
2018 Member of the Year

Truman Tailrace

Post by Jenny » March 24th, 2006, 9:15 am

A cool week has slowed down the fishermen and thus the fishing here at the Tailrace. However, those who have braved the cold and wind, report some pretty good results. Walleye continue fair to good with both jigs and minnows hitting occasionally. We should be at about the peak of the spawn, as evidenced by the early morning presence on the Dept. of Conservation a couple of days this week harvesting eggs. Crappie have been fair to good with those folks lucky enough to be in the right place, right time, right bait limiting in less than an hour with large females now in our neck of the woods. However, more consistently I've heard reports of lots of small crappie, or just plain hit and miss. The more successful fishermen being understandably vague with the details. Whites also hitting fair with a hybrid thrown in occasionally. Catfishing also fair to good. Again just not as many fishermen out there but the Corp has generated on and off this week, with little predictability though, besides leaving the one gate open just a bit to aid the walleye spawn. Snaggers have been doing well. We have weighed in several 40-60 lb fish and look to see lots of folks out there this weekend really putting their backs into it. (By the way fellas, I know a fantastic local Chiropractor by the last name of Porter). Anyway, might as well get out there and see what happens. There is good potential this time of year and if you're like me, you've got to be getting pretty tired of being indoors.