Resturant of the Week - Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Post a review of your favorite scarfin establishment
CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Resturant of the Week - Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » April 20th, 2006, 5:06 pm

As the new moderator of the Restaurant Forum, I thought I would try and contribute a little something each week that might provide some gastric insight in some regional, and not-so-regional, dining venues. As some of you know, I am a sales rep, and have the opportunity to travel and dine in restaurants frequently. I come across some great ones, and some not-so-great ones. I will provide revues on both. If you have a recommendation, let me know. I'll check it out.

The first restaurant to review is Ruth's Chris Steak House. I'll start buy saying that if you want to eat here, bring the checkbook. The steaks were $35-$45 per entr?e, and everything is ordered "ala cart". A salad was $6, taters were $8, and vegetables were $8. I'm sure high rollers like KSCraig and PS think nothing of it, but for the average Joe, figure $70-$80 a head to eat.

Now I have had some great steaks in my lifetime, and most of them came right off my wood fired grill in the back yard, but I will say that this was the best "restaurant" steak I've every had. I had the ribeye, and it came out sizzlin', on a Image' hot plate (that is their trade mark), drippin' with some kind of butter on top. The flavor was great and it was very tender. I found out that they are broiled in an 1800 degree oven. Now, again, I prefer my steaks with grill marks, and licked by a wood fire, but it was still a great steak.

The sides were awesome. I had the sweet tater casserole. This was some kind of mashed sweet tater with a topping that had brown sugar and pecans in it. This dish alone would have made the trip. After just a couple of bites, I was trying to figure out what was in it, so I could try it at home. It was so dayum hot when it was served though, ya couldn't eat it for fifteen minutes.

The service was impeccable. Each waiter has an assistant, so you are never in need of anything. The ambiance was appropriate. I say that in that it was exactly what a restaurant that cost what it does, should be.

I will ad this. I ate at the Ruth's Chris in Orlando. As we were leaving, I saw Lee Corso from ESPN. I thought about whippin his azz, but was so dayum full; I figured all I'd do was puke on him. Not that that wouldn't have been funny, but it sure would have been wasteful.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

LadyAngler
<font color="#FF0000"><b>2008 Member of the YEAR</

Re: Resturant of the Week - Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Post by LadyAngler » April 21st, 2006, 2:59 am

Why, Craig... I actually agree with you. Plaza 3 is better than Ruth's. Although, the Main Street B&G in Grandview... though much less atmosphere is a contender. None compare to backyard grilling, however.
Anything you can do, I can do better.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » April 21st, 2006, 3:09 am

Grilled ribeye at the Tick Farm after a long day in the tree stand is about as good as it gets.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 3:34 am

You gonna take this chit, Mr. Moderator ?

They're tearin' your first restaurant revue a new azz. Image
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » April 21st, 2006, 3:34 am

I had a grilled yak ribeye at Saskatoon in Greenville, SC and it was fantastic.

JimDog
2014 Member of the Year

Post by JimDog » April 21st, 2006, 4:51 am

No question - Ruth's Chris cooks up a killer slab of meat. But for about half the price, Tuckers in Soulard is just as good, In my humble opinion.
A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 5:48 am

JD,

WTF are you doin' hangin' around in Soulard ?

Let me guess. You were there for the lunchtime lingerie show at Johnny's ?

If not, you shlould have been. Image

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 6:20 am

KSCraig,

It's a part of S. St. Louie., not far from the A.B. brewery. It's probably most well known for it's giant open air market, but it's become sort of an area of regeneration.

There are several bars that specialize in scantily clad waitresses, and also run shuttles to and from Cardinal games.

The competition between bars to have the best looking /sluttiest waitresses, and also the best food make it a great place to have lunch. Image Image

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 7:32 am

Nah, I live in St. Charles co., W. of St. Louie.

I used to work in the city, and certain contractors I used regularly would take me there for lunch.

I forkin' HATE the city, and don't even cross the river into St. Louis co. unless I have a really good reason.

That said, the market is pretty cool. A lot of local produce growers vend there, to avoid the middle man. The chit is fresh, and the price wars make things cheap to boot.

You can walk out of there with anything from locally grown produce,specialty meats, to live chickens, ducks and the like.

It's where all the fashionable Rastfarians get the live chickens for their Voo-Doo rituals. Image

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » April 21st, 2006, 8:02 am

I met me this crazy lil voodoo woman when I was down in New Orleans once. Spent the night with her, had us some great, freaky voodoo-sex. The next mornin while I was asleep, she put some kinda voodoo spell on me and buried my underwear in the backyard. Man, I couldn't leave for a week. Since then, I don't mess with no voo-doo wimmens!
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

JimDog
2014 Member of the Year

Post by JimDog » April 21st, 2006, 8:12 am

Duck Me Runnin said:
WTF are you doin' hangin' around in Soulard ?

Spent the first 34 years of my life in St. Louis. The first house I ever bought was in dogtown, and I worked in midtown, neither of which was too far from soulard. We used to hit Soulard market quite frequently for fresh fruits and veggies, and there are some perty fine scarfin establishments down that way as well. I think I even had a beer down there once or twice... Image Image

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 9:19 am

J.D.,

I didn't know you were originally an Eastsider. Image

They do have some good eats in Soulard,but you can possibly skip that. But, with a light S. breeze, the aroma from the brewery just forces a dude to have a few beers. Image Image

Dogtown, huh ? Seamus McDaniel's had some pretty good vittles too. Image

JimDog
2014 Member of the Year

Post by JimDog » April 21st, 2006, 9:42 am

Duck Me Runnin said:
Dogtown, huh ? Seamus McDaniel's had some pretty good vittles too. Image

Best fried pickels on the planet...

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 21st, 2006, 10:01 am

Yessir, gotta go with ya on that one. Image

You know either of those Liston brothers ? I don't personally, but I like the tunes they put out in the 70's. Image

Oh yeah, I'll see C & C about 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell him how well his reastaurant critque / revue is holdin' up these days. Image

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » April 21st, 2006, 12:11 pm

I had a good pizza at Casey's yesterday.
That's funny you don't look Druish.