How many of you topwaters

Hosted by our own Duck Me Runnin, resident killer and cooker of everything and anything with fur, feathers or fins. This forum is for all our crazy, drinkin and fun lovin ducker buddies.
dawg it
2018 Member of the Year

How many of you topwaters

Post by dawg it » August 29th, 2006, 7:27 am

haven't even bothered to start getting ready for duck season yet? that's what i thought. my gear has been cleaned, repaired or replaced, and packed in the trailer for a week now. canada is coming up in another month, with a stop in nodak on the way back. get of your lazy asses and at least act like you're a duck hunter.
dawgonit

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Re: How many of you topwaters

Post by hobiecat » August 29th, 2006, 8:14 am

dawgonit said:
my gear has been cleaned, repaired or replaced, and packed in the trailer for a week now.

Cleaned??! Repaired??! why would ya bother??!...the chit is jus gonna get fornicated up again this year.

And you call yo'self a duck hunter?!
Image Image Image
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

dawg it
2018 Member of the Year

Post by dawg it » August 29th, 2006, 9:19 am

obviously hobbiecat, your idea of fornicated up gear is different from mine. i can understand how you think the wear and tear you put on your gear in a season's time (read 3 trips) doesn't warrent much concern, but when you hunt as much as i do in a season, it pays to do a little preventative maintainance. now go dust off your shotgun, armoral your 6 decoys, and try to find your duck call. ought to take you all of 25 minutes to ready yourself, you real duck hunter you. Image Image
dawgonit

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » August 29th, 2006, 9:25 am

By preventive maintenance... ya mean Shoe Goo?

dawg it
2018 Member of the Year

Post by dawg it » August 29th, 2006, 9:34 am

that too. Image
dawgonit

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » August 29th, 2006, 10:58 am

I just got my new Cabelas catalog and sending in my order tommorrow. Hey dawgonit, maybe you can help me. I'm lookin for someplace to go hunt ducks. I heard of this place called Clodfelter, but I can't find it anywhere on the MDC maps. Do you know where it is?

BTW, I got me a new primos duck call. Can't wait to use it.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » August 29th, 2006, 11:01 am

I was looking last night and noticed I have the following -

a. a flat tire on the ATV
b. an expired license plate on the atv trailer
c. a whole mess of decoys in the basement that need going through.
d. a layout blind with a bent door flap rod that needs straightening.
e. a blind bag that still has last years snacks in it.
f. a gun safe I forgot the darn combination too....again.

So, what I am trying to say is...heck yes, I am ready.....BRANG IT!!!

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » August 29th, 2006, 11:23 am

Who gives a flying fornicate Dabs. You'll find your donkey sitting right at home watching football games more often than not. Now, I may be sitting my donkey at home too, but I won't be watching football. I'll probably be changing diapers or some chit like that.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 29th, 2006, 11:27 am

Ol' Dad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Ol' Dad » August 29th, 2006, 4:59 pm

PS, you may kill some decent class deer with a bow and arrow, but don't bring that crap up here to the waterfowl forum.

Ol' Dad

dawg it
2018 Member of the Year

Post by dawg it » August 29th, 2006, 5:37 pm

C&C......nevermind. Image
dawgonit

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » August 29th, 2006, 5:59 pm

PoisonSnake said:
Who gives a flying fornicate Dabs. You'll find your donkey sitting right at home watching football games more often than not. Now, I may be sitting my donkey at home too, but I won't be watching football. I'll probably be changing diapers or some chit like that.

That apartment livin must be making you dumblerious there Doc! Couch is for late January. I have done my sentence of diapers and missing wacking time for it....changed kids diapers for a straight 9 years and 4 months.

I just didn't go and spend a cool half mill so I could sling arrows at the sammich deer off the deck while the kids are knappin like you did. Image

Bruce Carpenter
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Bruce Carpenter » August 30th, 2006, 4:36 am

topwaters, most of us have been chasing ducks before ducks were a gleam in your dads eye! over 50 years of watching sunrises from duck blinds and feeling the brisk damp air as wings beat overhead in the morning light. The smell of marsh mud lingers as plants begin to decay and the smell of outboard fuel on your hands. The decoys are ready and so am I. But will still do numerous checks to check and recheck until opening morning.

dawg it
2018 Member of the Year

Post by dawg it » August 30th, 2006, 6:58 am

you're really very emotional Bruce, aren't you? and if you have gas on your hands, spend a few bucks and fix that ragass outboard you're using. as far as chasing ducks goes, i don't believe that's a very good concept to embrace. i much prefer to simply drive to their immediate proximity, set up, and call them to me. fornicate a bunch of chasing.
say, aren't you retired from the military? think i read that somewhere. that would put a crimp in your duck hunting, depending on where you were stationed and what your duties were. hunting 3 or 4 days does not constitute a seasons worth of experience.
so let's do some math. you're what, about 60? that tells me you started duck huntin when you was about 10. then from age 20-40 you was in the military. these are just rough estimates Bruce so don't get upset. heck, you may have been in 25 years. that leaves from age 40 till now to actively duck hunt. sorry dude, but you aint got but 20-25 years actual experience. not 50, and just for clarification, the number of years a dude hunts has nothing to do with him losing topwater status. Image
dawgonit

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » August 30th, 2006, 8:17 am

I do have a lil bit to do to get ready for the season... I gotsta cut them fishin lines off the dekes I was usin as cattin jugs.