Conceal & Carry....

Discussion about politicks
Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Conceal & Carry....

Post by Outdoorsfool » March 14th, 2007, 3:43 pm

I just love it when a plan comes together. I haven't heard of any C&C permit holders actually stopping/deterring crime, at least not until now.....

Man with concealed weapon shoots alleged robber
By Bill Bryan
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
03/14/2007

Ricardo Crossland

Riccardo Crossland used a pellet gun to rob a man legally carrying a real gun outside a Bridgeton motel Tuesday morning and ended up shot, police said.

Crossland went off to a hospital with wounds of the hand and leg; the victim went on his way with the congratulations of police.

"Here was a robbery where we have a good ending for once," said Bridgeton Police Major Don Steinman, who said the shooting was clearly self-defense.

The 23-year-old victim holds a concealed-carry permit from his home state of Florida, which is honored in Missouri, officials said.

"He had his gun aimed at my face," the robbery victim said in an interview granted on the condition that his name and hometown not be used. "I definitely thought he was going to shoot me, so I started firing."

Crossland's weapon turned out to be a pellet gun that resembled a .45-caliber handgun, police said. The victim had a real .45 in his waistband.

Crossland, 39, of the 7100 block of Beulah Avenue in Jennings, was taken to DePaul Health Center, police said, for treatment of his wounds, which were not considered life-threatening. He was charged with first-degree robbery and armed criminal action.

Police said Crossland is on probation for a drug-related offense, and has convictions for robbery, burglary, stealing and drug-related crimes.

The victim gave this account:

He had stayed several days at the Motel 6, near Interstate 270 and St. Charles Rock Road, while looking at a race car engine to buy from a man in St. Louis.

About 3 a.m. Tuesday, he took his pit bull on an errand for food. Just outside the motel, he encountered two men who asked questions about the dog before one of them pulled out what looked like a gun and announced a holdup.

"The one guy started to pat me down, and I didn't want him to find my gun, so I was handing them over everything I could," the victim said. "I was just waiting for the right opportunity to get my gun."

The robbers then started to depart with the man's wallet, necklace, ring and cash.

"The guy with the gun was walking away with the gun at his side, but then he turned around and aimed it at my face," the victim said. "I definitely thought he was going to shoot me, so I pulled my gun out and started firing."

He fired seven shots and the pair fled.

Crossland was found about a quarter of a mile away, hiding on a parking lot in the 12900 block of St. Charles Rock Road, police said. The accomplice was not caught.

The victim said he had the concealed-carry permit for two years but had never used the weapon. Missouri has no tracking system for cases in which people with concealed-carry permits use their weapons.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Moral of the story...never take a pellet gun to a REAL gun fight. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

GoGop
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Conceal & Carry....

Post by GoGop » March 14th, 2007, 4:42 pm

That's a beautiful thing. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
.. he likes to shoot a man in the throat just to see his head wobble before he hits the ground

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » March 14th, 2007, 5:06 pm

There was one on the news a few months ago in KC. A man was help up at a car wash in his suped up truck, and a car-jacker came over to steal the vehicle. The robber was pointing a gun at the victim, got in the truck and was about to take off but then stopped and threatened to kill the victim, so the victim pulled his .38 and emptied it in the robber. The robber had just enough life in him to throw it in drive and Image into the carwash, demolishing the truck.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » March 14th, 2007, 5:27 pm

Not to question the validity of either incident because I support these C&C people all the way, but do you notice a trend?
The guy with the gun was walking away with the gun at his side, but then he turned around and aimed it at my face," the victim said. "I definitely thought he was going to shoot me

got in the truck and was about to take off but then stopped and threatened to kill the victim,

I hope anybody that finds themselves in a similar situation pays attention to what these folks told LEO and words their story very carefully. Anyone defending themselves needs to be sure they "feel they were in immediate threat or fear of dying" or they might find themselves on the other side of the story and end up facing charges.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » March 15th, 2007, 11:21 am

My Gramps told me if I ever was in a situation where I had to shoot someone, make sure to kill the guy so the cops only hear one side of the story.

You know any criminal would say whatever he could to garner as much simpathy as he can for himself, and try to turn the facts around.

With all of the CSI chit the cops do now though, you'd better not be shooting at the backside of a criminal and hope to get away with it.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » March 15th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Warmouth said:
My Gramps told me if I ever was in a situation where I had to shoot someone, make sure to kill the guy so the cops only hear one side of the story.

That would be a great signature line, Dave.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.