Ruth`s Chris Steak House

Post a review of your favorite scarfin establishment
CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Ruth`s Chris Steak House

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » March 29th, 2007, 2:46 pm

MOCraig, I will agree with you on the Bryant's. I usually don't have clients that are that hardcore Q people that can appreciate Bryant's. Heck, even my wife doesn't like "going" to Bryant's. I not scared of anything, and can eat me some Bryant's.

I get to the plaza every now and then. I think I now where you are talking about now. I will definitely give it a try.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

LadyAngler
<font color="#FF0000"><b>2008 Member of the YEAR</

Post by LadyAngler » March 29th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Bryant's is not my #1 BBQ pick. The sauce is too spicy for me. I have enjoyed a couple little ghetto "big pappa" kinda joints. You do need your conceal and carry permit, though.
Anything you can do, I can do better.

Great White Hunter
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Great White Hunter » March 29th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Bryant's.....Get Fed and Jacked all at the same time!!!
aka The Flake-a-nator

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » March 29th, 2007, 5:16 pm

LC's will destory any other bbq in town, not only in taste, but in actual drive-bys if need be.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 10th, 2007, 10:51 am

Gates is FT BBQ. If you ain't had real BBQ, then Gates is passable.

WM - I don't know if the place still exists or not, but there used to be a little ole smokeshack in Downtown KC that had the best BBQ/smoked food in town. It was like Ray's or Ray-Ray's or something like that. They used to advertise on the big KC country station about live blues on Sunday night down there. Since one thing I like better than good BBQ is good blues, I went down there with a couple of buddies one night. We were the only white folks in the joint, but had some of the best food and blues I've found in KC.

Just came back from FL and stopped for the night in Memphis....only thing Memphis does better than BBQ/smoking meat is live blues!

Oh yeah, fork Ruth's Chris steak house. I'm with C&C, don't have any interest in paying $35 for a steak I can do at home for 1/4 the price and tastes better. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » April 13th, 2007, 6:57 pm

I can't believe that Gates is even considered decent BBQ, much less that Presidents want it when they come here. Authur Bryants and KC Masterpiece are decent but overpriced for what you get.

In my opinion, Fiorella's SmokeStack and Jackstack is one of the best in the city; their burnt ends and BBQ baked meat with beans is hard to beat. There are several other larger BBQ places around the city that are decent(Boardroom BBQ, Smokehouse, Hickory Pit, etc.) and many of the smaller "mom and pop" joints are good as well.

ODF, I am not sure about Ray-Ray's but another good BBQ/blues place is BB's Lawnside BBQ. They have the live blues with old blues greats pictures and posters all over the walls and ceiling while you sit at the picnic tables. OK BBQ, great music.

Southern BBQ is good but a little different; they like the "dry" BBQ (little to no sauce) that is mainly shredded pork or beef. I remember that our southern offices always wanted to come to KC to get the "wet" BBQ.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

LadyAngler

Post by LadyAngler » April 13th, 2007, 6:59 pm

Tiger have you tried LC's or what?

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » April 13th, 2007, 7:08 pm

I've been by it dozens of times but never actually stopped there because the timing wasn't right. I've heard good things though. I have done Big T's on Blue Ridge; not the greatest but decent for fast food/takeout BBQ. Similar driveby area as near LC's. Image

As for steak places, I say fork all of the big boys in KC. They have decent steaks but the price will kill you. I've had better steaks at smaller steak joints or at chains like Outback than the big boy names around here.

I generally like some smaller joints away from KC for good steaks, for instance Short Street in Montrose.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

LadyAngler

Post by LadyAngler » April 13th, 2007, 11:47 pm

I have darkened the door at the Short Street a time or two in my life. Did I have the steak? I don't recall. Image

What were you doing in Montrose?

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 17th, 2007, 10:09 am

Outback, Lonestar and Longhorn I think are overpriced for the quality of meat you get, but TH is right, they are better than rip off joints like Ruth's Chris. I've worked 4 and 5 star dining rooms and seen behind the walls...."gourmet" does not mean your food is any better.

TH - I don't remember if it was that Ray-Ray's place or the one you are referring to....it's been a few years/beers ago. Image

If you want some good food, with a more authentic Aussie flair, visit the ORIGINAL Outback on the strip in Branson. I think they have some excellent food and it's not part of the forkin' outback chain restaurants.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » April 17th, 2007, 10:45 am

I remember reading once that PGA professional Davis Love III was asked to list his ten favorite restaurants. This guy has traveled all over the world, and Outback Steak House was on his list, and no they weren`t a sponsor.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 17th, 2007, 1:44 pm

MoCraig...once again you are showing your ignorance. THE original Outback in Branson is NOT like any other. It is a private, family-owned restaurant and is NOT part of the Outback chain. If you had ever been there, you would know that......dumbchit. Image Image

I'm sure you don't believe me, so do a search on the Outback CHAIN'S website for a Branson location. Then, when you still believe you know what you're talking about, check this link The Outback Steakhouse

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 17th, 2007, 2:02 pm

...it's not part of the forkin' outback chain restaurants.

I don't know how I could have been any more clear. If you're nice to him, maybe Bobby will help you with reading and comprehension. Image

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » April 17th, 2007, 2:58 pm

OF,
You are correct about that Outback not being the same as the chain. But that is where we part. The last couple of times I was there, the food was mediocre and the service was poor. I haven't been there in a couple of years now, but I was talking to someone who went there last year, and had the same opinion I did. I don't think it's changed.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 17th, 2007, 3:24 pm

C&C - It's been probably 3 years, maybe slightly over, since I was last there and the food/service were good. Hopefully it was just an off night or two. If not, I sure hate to hear it's gone the way of mediocrity because then it's like all the other half-azzed eating joints out there. Have a trip planned down that in July and intend to stop by.................. and get them straightened out if need be. Image Image