Re: VA Tech "massacre"

Post by Triton X2 » April 24th, 2007, 12:12 pm

YEP
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Big John
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Big John » April 24th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Triton I don't know about other teens-20's but my son could without remorse, he was a Walter Reed as an OR/ER Tech in the Army and fought a guy in a parking lot over his wallet and the guy had a knife and cut my son but didn't get his wallet. He of course was military trained, 6ft 220 lbs, working out 4 times a day and could bench press a car sooooo. My daughter of 21 is like my wife all the times I worked with her to learn how to shoot, is not sure she could shoot someone.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 24th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Shouldn't you be able to tell someone they can't carry a gun on your property or in your house even if they have been told by the government they can carry? It is a matter of whose rights get stepped on.

Now wait a minute...I think you're comparing apples to oranges in this situation. My property is MY property and I get to set the rules on my personal property. I will also defend it within my rights...either those granted me or those I feel I should have (read: stupid castle doctrine). I should not have a requirement to decide between fleeing my house/castle or defending it and potentially being charged as a criminal. However, school/government property does not belong to the school/government, as much as they'd like it to. It is public property owned by the taxpayers/citizens of this nation.

When we get into personal property opened up for the public's use and owner's use of the property for profit and personal gain I think laws closer to public property should apply, as opposed to those considering it personal property. Look at the current example of malls in the Central Missouri area now restricting people under a certain age from being in the mall after 7:00pm (or whatever it is) without an adult. Rules/regulations/policies in this country are getting stupid and out of hand. I will not patronize anyplace that wants a kid's $$ at 5:00 on Friday evening, but will kick him out at 7:30 because there's not an adult with him. Talk about cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » April 24th, 2007, 12:52 pm

Big John said:
hunting170 Every employee opened their lunch boxes, bags, brief cases etc entering and exiting most factories do this as well.I have nothing to get over.

Okay, I get it now. The security guard asks the well-armed, disgruntled employee to open his lunch box, and the employee says "yes sir, you caught me red-handed. I have some guns that I was going to use to go postal on some people in here, but now I can`t because you caught me." You really are a dumbass.

Until our government grows a set, and starts taking action when they should, these things are going to happen. Authorities knew of this guy before he carried out this massacre, they knew of most of the towel heads involved in the 9/11 attack. This wait-and-see, innocent until proven guilty kind of mentality has done nothing but cost innocent people to lose their lives. Preventive maintenance works wonders.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

LadyAngler
<font color="#FF0000"><b>2008 Member of the YEAR</

Post by LadyAngler » April 24th, 2007, 1:17 pm

BJ~ Your spirit is impressive. I can't say I agree with your point of view, but I appreciate you debative approach. It's not easy to argue with my husband. What works for me is... just behave completely irrationally, storm about the house bare breasted and then start to cry. Good luck.

You asked a question... I have never shot a person, but I am 100% sure I could shoot any man, woman or child trying to kill me or innocent people around me.

I do agree with a point you made about attacking the shooter. However, I think during reload would be your only option. That's a maximum of 10-15 seconds to do your damage with your pencil or fire extingisher or whatever. I would think it would take a couple people to really stop him, though. I do believe that this prick was a coward and would have pee peed his little britches had people attacked him.
Anything you can do, I can do better.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » April 24th, 2007, 1:49 pm

Yeah, I think we are all on the same page here to a certain extent. OF is a bit off of his rocker, but what's new with that?
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 24th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Yeah well, when it comes to comments from PS, I just consider the source. Given the dude can't dial a phone to save his life and probably had to check mapquest to find Cooper county.... Image On top of that, I'm 99.9999% sure he forgot how to drink a beer. Image Image A sober PS is going to be a boring PS, without all those tall tales. Image

You really should ask your wife if you can have your balls back at least ONE weekend a month. She can keep them in her purse the rest of the time. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Big John
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Big John » April 24th, 2007, 2:39 pm

La probably one person would have been sufficient to distract him so someone else could get to him but, it has do be a commitment by 2 people or one determined person and most of these kids don't have what it takes. My main problem among others is I am an "A type personality" you know what that is and for those who don't I must be in control all the time. As an "A type" I notice things that most people don't even think about, where the exits in a building are, how many men are in the room compared to the number of women, I am not comfortable in restaurants with more than one entrance (PS yes I am probably off my rocker too) however I also have been in a number of emergency situations and I am usually the one in the room doing what is necessary while others are standing with the "DAH...what do we do look on their face"

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » April 24th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Wow, BJ. You're my hero.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » April 24th, 2007, 3:19 pm

Set your goals high, Rafe.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » April 24th, 2007, 3:27 pm

I have. When he's in a room, he notices how many men are there. Also, he likes to be in control.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » April 24th, 2007, 4:17 pm

I generally know how many boobies are in a room, and what the overal rating is for each set, as compared to the others.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Big John
2018 Member of the Year

Re: boobies in the room

Post by Big John » April 24th, 2007, 4:37 pm

That is "Boobie type personality" lol.

Roscoe Dog
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Roscoe Dog » April 24th, 2007, 4:39 pm

I would hope you can tell how many boobies are in the room when they are bouncing around bare.
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

Roscoe Dog
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Roscoe Dog » April 24th, 2007, 4:43 pm

You can do everything possible that you could think of doing to control a situation and have plans set but when something happens throw all that chit out the window because you are in a panic mode and you wont even think about the plans. Or it doesnt happen like it should of. So to say they should have done this or that is BS, not PS.
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.