Varmints

Information about hunting small game in Missouri
Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Varmints

Post by Rafe Hollister » July 2nd, 2007, 7:02 pm

Since there's no varmint forum, I'll post up my varmint kill from the weekend. About 10:00 Saturday night I whacked a skunk in my front yard. Yeah, it was in the city limits but I figured with all the firecrackers going off nobody would notice. It was raining pretty hard and I held my flashlight against the stock and put the crosshairs between her glowing yellow eyes. Then the yard was pretty rotten. I think I'll have the kid mow that part of the yard tomorrow just in case the stench is still on the grass.

Everybody post up your varmint kills! Let's make a party of it.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

GoGop
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Varmints

Post by GoGop » July 3rd, 2007, 3:07 am

No picture? Image Image
.. he likes to shoot a man in the throat just to see his head wobble before he hits the ground

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: Varmints

Post by Warmouth » July 3rd, 2007, 10:10 am

I passed on a skunk about 2 weeks ago, just because I didn't want to smell it.

I did shoot a possum Sunday. It seems once again my yard brings in a lot of wildlife, but now its mostly the chit kind. Possum, coon, groundhog, cat, and skunk. Whoopie!

BTW- LA is hel1 on the groundhogs. She races me for the gun, and most times I let her win, you know, so she owes me.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.