Table Rock?

Information about bass fishing in Missouri
hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Table Rock?

Post by hobiecat » May 6th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Headin down to Shell Knob next week (Wed-Sun). Anyone got any good info?
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » May 7th, 2008, 10:33 am

Hobbs, The water is up quite a bit but you are able to catch quite a few fish on a grub or a split shot or even a gitzet. The fish have gone into the heavy cover ( and there is a lot of it with the water up) so a person might be able to pitch a jig or even throw some topwater around some of the flooded brush.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

T HAUS
2018 Member of the Year

Post by T HAUS » May 7th, 2008, 1:20 pm

catch ya some bluegill, bait some limb lines with them and then drink beer the rest of the time.

where ya stayin? I might slide over and let the air out of your tires

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » May 8th, 2008, 8:46 am

At this point, all I know is that I'll be somewhere around Shell Knob. I had reservations at Viola... but the canceled'em on us. They're sayin the park will be closed until Fri the 16th. Right now, I'm jus plannin on gettin down there and tryin to beg my way into the campground there at Viola... if that don't work, I'm guess I'll be stayin at Campbell's Point. Unless they're full... then, I'll look at gettin a cabin at the Bobber... if I can't get one there, I'll try someplace else. More than likely I'll either be at Viola or Campbell's Point.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » May 8th, 2008, 8:54 am

Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan there, Hobie. :roll:
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » May 8th, 2008, 9:28 am

It's a guys weekend... Me and Asher (my son), my cousin and his son, a couple of other cousins (Rafe, one of which is Corey who you've met), and my brother... so I'm not real worried about accomodations. As long as we've got a place to park the boats and somewhere to sleep... whether it be in a tent, a bed, or in our vehicles... we should be good-to-go. 'Sides, this early in the year and with the weather the way it's been there'll be some place available down there.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » May 8th, 2008, 11:44 am

I haven't seen Corey since about August or so, when I ran into him while we were both out on business at the same place. He looked familiar to me, but he recognized me right away. He's a good guy. I'd fish with him anytime.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » May 8th, 2008, 11:49 am

Hobbs, you might want to call Campbell point and see if they have anything as well....Most of the camping facilities are still under water. I fished a tournament out of there on Tuesday and almost ran over a picnic table that was about 2 feet of water with the trolling motor. For the life of me I cant, I cant think of any campgrounds that are open. Might want to check out a motel in Shell Knob, and drive to where you guys are going to fish. You can probably launch a boat around the lake, but not on a public launch area. You will probably be able to launch off of any road leading down to that area. Gary

T HAUS
2018 Member of the Year

Post by T HAUS » May 9th, 2008, 9:34 am

Company tourney here at work was supposed to launch out of Big M Saturday, but they are closed. Said they rescheduled to launch from the public ramp at Shell Knob bridge. 929' wonder how much of the parking there at the bridge is under water??

Hey Hobie, if you can't find a spot to launch and park at Shell Knob, I used to own some ground off of H hwy SE of Shell Knob. There is a free ramp at the end of H at the old Indian Creek campground. Kind of out of the way, but it was rarely used. Lots of room to park when the water was down, but I don't know about now.

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » May 9th, 2008, 9:52 am

I think we'll be OK. If I can't launch wherever we're staying, I'll just launch at the bridge. Parking should be ok wherever we're staying. Campbell's Point is partially open for camping for sure, and I doubt that they'll fill up with the weather like it is. I'm still hoping for Viola to let us in... I just like the fishing down that way, and I like the park a little better.

Like I said, if we can't get in a campground around Shell Knob we'll just stay in one of the little resort/motels down there.

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » May 9th, 2008, 10:01 am

I'm assuming that the water still has alot of trash floating around? Is it clearing up any? Fish moving up to spawn yet? How's the night fishing (of course, I've always found night fishin to be the ticket at the Rock)? Is there a crappie bite going on?

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » May 11th, 2008, 6:27 pm

I cant tell you about the crappie, but the bass are starting to move to the beds. I havent been up that way but down at the Kimberling area it is starting to clear up a bit. Probably still cant see well enough to see any beds yet.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » June 4th, 2008, 11:29 am

Hey Hobbs, how did the weekend go?

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » June 4th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Triton, nobody is here anymore.

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » June 4th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Spent the entire week helping with tornado clean-up. Only got to fish for about 3hrs one day... Sat. May 17th... the fishing sucked. We didn't catch a single fish. Water was WAAAAAAAY high. On the south end of the Shell Knob bridge, I could stand up in the boat and touch the bridge. Couldn't get to the bank in most places because of the trees. Water still had quite a bit of color to it.