Sebile Magic Swimmer 165 Swimbait

Information about bass fishing in Missouri
hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Sebile Magic Swimmer 165 Swimbait

Post by hunting170 » August 4th, 2008, 10:14 am

What the hell is up with this bait? I think I remember reading about it in BassMaster Mag. The article was about the egomaniacs, in California, that are fishing for the next world record largemouth. I have seen two on e-bay that sold for $170+, and $112. This one may top that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

btw...I ran across these when I was looking for a clown color, Bagley Honey B crankbait. I had one for several years, but hadn`t used it much. I let a friend of mine tie it on one day when I was catching several fish on a similar bait, and this was the only thing close to it that either one of us had. On his fourth cast he hooked a big grinnel, got it to the boat, and started to lip it (he didn`t know what it was). I told him not to stick his thumb in there, and about that time the line broke. He lost the fish, and my one and only crankbait. To my surprise these things are almost impossible to find. Here is the only one I have come across:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=013

I couldn`t believe that I had a $35 crankbait in my box, let alone offered it up to someone to use. :arse:
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Sebile Magic Swimmer 165 Swimbait

Post by Triton X2 » August 4th, 2008, 4:36 pm

I had a friend buy some of those from Cabela's a couple of weeks ago and they had only 1 color in the size he wanted...I think he paid about 15 bucks for it but I know there is a certain color that has been real hot on the pro circuit this spring in a lot of the lakes....It is a jointed swim bait that all you do it reel it back in and I guess hang on....The honey b has been around for quite a while but I dont think Bagley makes it anymore. I think I have about 2 of them and I aint pricing them...
That's funny you don't look Druish.