Does anybody on here fish anymore???????????

The place for fishermen (and women) to gather and BS
RB
Admin Team

Does anybody on here fish anymore???????????

Post by RB » May 13th, 2010, 8:20 am

What have you guys been doing on the fishing front this spring? Somebody has got to have been in the crappie by now. We slayed the trout in April at Taney but missed the crappie spawn due to out of town travel. What have any of you been doing?????????? :?:

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: Does anybody on here fish anymore???????????

Post by Warmouth » May 13th, 2010, 10:33 am

I fished the crappie spawn really hard this year. I haven't been out much since then. I do have plans with the inlaws to go do some fishing for flatheads later this month.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » May 13th, 2010, 5:17 pm

I've put several bag of crappie filets in the freezer. I haven't fished for a couple of weeks.

That will change on sat. , when some crappie and gills are slaughtered for an annual fish fry. Been eatin' the crappie from foil packs cooked on the grill. I be ready for some fried fish and taters. :yes:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » May 14th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Took the kids out last weekend and killed the gills! I spent my time baitin and takin fish off the hooks. My kids prolly caught 20(ish) fish. Kept 12 that were bigger than my hand... big enough that I fileted'em. Cooked'em up that night... MAN!! I forgot how much fun those gills are, and how GOOD they eat! I'm thinkin we're gonna go again this weekend.

Done some bass'in. Never really has taken off. The water has been so stained that the fish are few and far between. It's kind of like fishin in chocolate milk.

Caught some crappies. The best bite I had was earlier this year... prolly the last part of March first part of April.
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » May 14th, 2010, 2:57 pm

I have yet to be out this year, and that is pretty much against my religion, but with kids soccer/baseball/softball and spring turkey season, I just haven't had much of a chance. I am fishing a tourney at Ozarks with my Dad tomorrow though, so that should get me the fishing bug! PLanned on hitting the Gasconade this weekend until the floods came! Now it will be at least another couple of weeks before I can chase some bronzebacks! Hope to get in them again this year!!!
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » May 16th, 2010, 2:33 pm

yes I do
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 17th, 2010, 11:06 am

LS and Hobs-I hear you about the flooding. Water quality has been chit since the first week of May.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Roscoe Dog
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Roscoe Dog » May 18th, 2010, 9:52 am

Havent even bought my license yet.
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.