Heading to the Rock next week...

Information about bass fishing in Missouri
hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Heading to the Rock next week...

Post by hobiecat » June 1st, 2010, 11:29 am

Prolly head down there next Thursday night (6/10), and staying until Sunday. Anybody got any lake/bass info??? :wink:
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Heading to the Rock next week...

Post by Triton X2 » June 1st, 2010, 12:59 pm

Yeah, Hobie there really is a lake down here called Table Rock.....All depends on what you want to catch down here. It has been pretty good for bass.....crappie not
That's funny you don't look Druish.

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » June 1st, 2010, 2:24 pm

Well, this is the bass forum... so, let's start there. Gonna be around Shell Knob, probably up King's River a ways, close to Viola. How's the water clarity around there? I assume the lake is up a bit and dropping. How high, and how fast are they dropping it? Are the fish still up on the banks? The fish in the creeks this weekend were still spawning... how bout there? It seems a little late, but with all the cool rain we've had, ya never know. Thought I'd better ask.
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » June 1st, 2010, 5:21 pm

Man all that asking of info makes my head spin, course it doesnt take much. hobie, the fish have pretty much already spawned, it is about 2 1/2 feet high but dropping. They have been catching quite a few holding the boat in about 16-18 feet of water. There are some fish already in around 35 feet of water over like 90 feet of water. You can throw a grub on a light head(something like an eighth or even a sexteenth). You can also throw a little worm on a shaky head and catch em. Havent been up toward shell knob for about 2 weeks. I caught some fish below the shell knob bridge(east) on the south side. I would concentrate on main lake pea gravel points. There since this is the bass forum that ought to get you started. Water is fairly clear, like normal. lake temp is around 79 bass are green smallies are brown if you catch a 4 lber you wont have a frown. sorry
That's funny you don't look Druish.