Anybody fishing this weekend??????????

The place for fishermen (and women) to gather and BS
RB
Admin Team

Anybody fishing this weekend??????????

Post by RB » September 1st, 2010, 8:21 am

With the cooler weather, better lake and river levels it would seem that some of us would be fishing somewhere. Does anybody have plans to wet some lines over the weekend? We have a family reunion but Saturday, after brush hogging duty, I'm going to slip up to the Missouri which is close by and catch a few cats for the freezer. Neighbor has a pond with some hog blue gill in it. He'll let you fish but its all catch and release. for some reason he will let us whack the frogs one time a summer and he has some the size of chickens but limits the number of froggers to two. Post up what you are doing this weekend and have a safe holiday.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: Anybody fishing this weekend??????????

Post by Warmouth » September 1st, 2010, 8:56 am

Heading to Trumam. I don't know yet if I'm going to try to trotline or crappie fish, but I'd be happy with either one. Before October I am going to set some lines though and get some catfish in the freezer for the winter.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 1st, 2010, 9:52 am

WM, I heard the crappie bite is heating up and this fish are outside of the timber on the bluffs. You can do both. I was trolling there last month with wiggle warts and caught a nice cat and a walleye and crappie.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » September 1st, 2010, 12:03 pm

Hopefully, I'll be fishing with Hobiecat this weekend.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 1st, 2010, 12:46 pm

Rafe, where are you guys fishing and what are you fishing for?

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » September 1st, 2010, 5:07 pm

I think we're camping on a little creek near the Newton/McDonald County line. In that case, we'll be wade fishing for smallmouth and goggle eye. I don't know anything about that particular creek, or even if we'll be right there by the creek. I'll find out when we get there. We're taking our 8 y.o. boys with us.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 2nd, 2010, 8:35 am

Rafe, sounds like a great time especially for 8 yr olds. Hobie's son had a great time at the hoe down. Too bad you weren't there with your son. Maybe next year.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » September 2nd, 2010, 8:40 am

Our kids are just a few months apart. He loves anything guys do. It'll be a good trip, I'm sure.
- Tim Wilson