Hero pics

Information about bow hunting in Missouri with our resident experts SAMCRO and Hunting 170.
Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Hero pics

Post by Triton X2 » October 18th, 2010, 8:33 am

Her G2's dont match up....They look alright to me.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » May 22nd, 2014, 10:39 am

hunting170 wrote:Image

No not mine...this is a buck my new hero, Marc Anthony, killed yesterday. It measures around 180". He killed it while hunting from the ground. Shot it with a brand new Bear Carnage. This is his 5th buck over the 170" B&C minimum. His 17 biggest bucks average a little over 160". Most of those were shot while he was on the ground, and wearing a Ghillie suit. Can you say "Stan who?".
Tony, how do you feel about your "hero" now?

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/artic ... aud-claims
All you thugs and ugly mugs dealing drugs and making noise,
You can kill each other all you want but if you touch my little boys,
You begging for this bullet will be the last thing that you say
before I let my dark side come out to play

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » May 22nd, 2014, 2:23 pm

he screwed the pooch on that one.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » May 22nd, 2014, 2:36 pm

That is some interesting stuff going on over on AT. It does look as if the skull cap has been messed with in that second pic.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » May 24th, 2014, 1:29 pm

I ain`t gonna lie CRO.......he got me hook, line, & sinker. The only thing I ever wondered about was how he got so much access to land that held these caliber bucks. I`m actually pretty gullible when it comes to things like this. Turns out that Ohiobooners guy on AT is a fraud too. Now I`m wondering if that Doniphan Redneck kid was for real.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » May 27th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Now that it's out there, it's somewhat easy to spot the issues with the pictures shown of Marc Anthony's "kills". I will say I didn't notice it before.

I haven't been reading AT in months, but went and checked out "Ohiobooners" stuff after seeing your reply. I can say that it's a shame he did what he did, but he was a douchbag, regardless. Anyone who poses next to his deer mounts, wearing faggoty clothes is an idiot. Might as well get in front of the camera and become a "pro hunter" on the outdoor channel.

I hate "pro hunters", and the only one I've ever had any respect for is Chuck Adams. Ever seen Chuck on TV? Nope, you haven't. Chuck is a cold-blooded killer. If he was a cheat, we'd know it by now.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » May 28th, 2014, 8:09 am

I would agree with you on the Chuck Adams deal for the most part. But, at the Missouri Deer Classic a few years ago he kind of left a bad taste in my mouth as well. He was selling his books at his booth and a buddy and myself were just walking by minding our own business. Hell, we were 30 feet away from his booth. He called us out and said something to the effect that we could have his autograph if we purchased his book. I was like..., "Hell, that SOB should be asking me for my autograph. I've probably written about as much commentary on a subject as he has. Albeit it isn't about deer hunting." Anyway, I didn't care for it and it led me to believe that he was not altogether unlike the rest of them.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » May 28th, 2014, 9:51 am

I've heard you recount your "story" about Chuck not meeting your standards before. I understand how that might have been interpreted by you, but at the same time there are two sides to every story, and three sides to most.

Chuck isn't likely rolling in money, contrary to what people may or may not think. He makes money from writing, primarily. I suspect he was selling his book at that venue, and was signing the books people bought as part of the deal. I would also suggest he was attempting to drum up book sales, and hence income, and called out to you not to draw attention to the possibility of an autograph, but rather to draw attention to the book sales. The autograph, again, was part of the deal - a freebie thrown in for those who might care.

Regardless of type of writing, author autographs are sought by some, particularly book collectors.

So while you may have taken his comments as a "hey, look at me, I'm important and you'll want my signed name", I think you took it wrong. I think it was instead "hey, look at me, I'm selling books, come buy one".

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

While you may have written "commentary" (incorrect use of the phrase, as I've seen your writings, if you'll recall), I believe Adam's claim-to-fame is not so much in his writing, as the accomplishments he's writing about. Not that someone shouldn't want your autograph, I just don't know who it would be.

If you look at Chuck, he's managed to keep a clean hunting record, and a clean reputation, for many years. There have been rumors of all kinds over the years, but I think it's safe to chalk them up to jealousy, even resentment.

If you just look at some of what the guy has done, it's hard not to admire him, especially weighing out the fact that he seems to have done all of this legally, and stays above the social media fray, while being widely considered as the most accomplished bowhunter in the world.

Some of his hunting accomplishments and awards, in no particular order:

* The first bowhunter to have taken all 27 North American big game species recognized by the Pope and Young Club (a Super Slam), completed on Jan. 4, 1990

* More Pope and Young entries than any other bowhunter in history - his name appears in the book more than 122 times, with 36 animals in the pending process. To put this in perspective, he has bagged more than twice as many official P&Y animals as the nearest competitor

* Chuck has held archery world records for Sitka Blacktail, Coues Whitetail, Mountain Caribou, American Bison, and American Elk - more P&Y world records than anyone else

* His Montana record elk was presented the Ishi Award - the P&Y club's highest honor, and only the 15th such award given in P&Y's 40-year history

* Chuck has 10 bow-taken animals in the Boone and Crockett club - more archery B&C entries than anyone else

* He has an additional 189 archery animals in SCI - more entries than any other archer

* The only bowhunter in history to have completed 5 Grand Slams on American deer

* He has taken 73 record book deer - more than anyone else

* During a single 13-month period, Chuck took 13 official P&Y record-book animals - an all time record for a year (8 of these were deer, including three giant whitetails)

* He's a Senior Member of the P&Y Club, Professional Member of the B&C Club, and Life Member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

* At age 60, Chuck became the youngest person ever inducted into the "big three" bowhunting Halls of Fame - SCI's Bowhunting Hall of Honor, the National Bowhunter's Hall of Fame, and the Archery Hall of Fame. Fewer than a dozen others have accomplished this, among them Fred Bear.

As for his writing and career interests:

* Easily the world's most widely published bowhunter - making him arguably the world's best known bowhunter

* A writing career spanning over 35 years, where he has written 5,300 articles and 11 books (makes one question whether or not the Snake really has written as much "commentary" as Adams)

* 30-40 hunting seminars and keynote speeches a year, where he autographs an average of 29,000 free color photos for fans (see, Snake, it could have been free)

* 50-60 annual appearances on ESPN, Versus, and the Outdoor Channel, and can be seen on Easton's Bowhunting television show

* His writing and public appearances reach an average of 5 million people per month, which is still a level unrivaled in the industry

* 2011 recipient of the POMA/ATA Fred Bear Archery and Bowhunting Communicator Award for his work

So, while I hear the voices of those who like to pretend this guy isn't anything special in bowhunting, facts speak for themselves. In simpler terms, this guy is a killing machine without equal. There were no gifts given to him, no money generated for it other than what he generated himself, and great personal sacrifice along the way.

The CRO does not, as you know, give out kudo's often, but the CRO knows enough to give them where they're due. Frankly, there isn't another modern bowhunter worthy.

So, Snake, while I value your opinion, I think I'm going with Chuck on this one.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » May 28th, 2014, 11:05 am

Both of you made points to consider. As a bow hunter Chuck is probably the greatest. Probably sucks at personal selling at shows. After all the guy has to make a living and if any of us had his book of success we would probably do the same thing. So there are several sides to this as usual. I don't necessarily see him as a pure tv hunter like many of the others whose shows are 15 minutes of film and the rest commercials. But they are all in this for the $$$ and fame to make more $$$. I still like Tiff the best.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » May 28th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Chuck is a badass no doubt. I just found it very odd how he made an attempt to drum up business, which BTW, I totally agree with you in that this is what he was trying to do. He has to pay for those sheep hunts somehow. I just believe I would have approached the issue a little differently. CRO, if you had been there, you would understand my point. I mean, there was no one else around. No one was at his booth, and we just happened to be in the area. I would not have minded talking to the fellow either. But, that kind of hit me the wrong way.

Oh, and the only thing negative that I have ever really said about Chuck is that ifn' a guy like the CRO had unlimited time and resources, he could probably do the same thing. The Snake would be out of luck because he is scared of high places and has bad knees.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » May 28th, 2014, 1:50 pm

PoisonSnake wrote:Chuck is a badass no doubt. I just found it very odd how he made an attempt to drum up business, which BTW, I totally agree with you in that this is what he was trying to do. He has to pay for those sheep hunts somehow. I just believe I would have approached the issue a little differently. CRO, if you had been there, you would understand my point. I mean, there was no one else around. No one was at his booth, and we just happened to be in the area. I would not have minded talking to the fellow either. But, that kind of hit me the wrong way.

Oh, and the only thing negative that I have ever really said about Chuck is that ifn' a guy like the CRO had unlimited time and resources, he could probably do the same thing. The Snake would be out of luck because he is scared of high places and has bad knees.
Two points - I don't find it odd that someone would be attempting to drum up business. I would find it more odd if they weren't attempting to do so.

Second - Misconceptions abound regarding the "unlimited time and resources" idea. Chuck Adams did not have unlimited time and resources. He dedicated those he had to what he wanted to do, and combined with his drive and talent, the results came.

The difference between Adams and "Joe Regular" is that Joe wasn't willing to dedicate his life to the hunt. I see no reason to berate Adams for doing so, or attempting to minimize the accomplishments. Part of the accomplishment IS the dedication of time and resources.

So while I hear you regarding the point that "someone else could do the same thing", the fact remains that no one else was willing to do what it takes to get there.

That's like talking down about a race car driver, because "anybody with access to that car and track could do the same thing". First, it takes something to get access to that car and track. Second, once you have the car and track, you still have to have the skill set to win races. Cars don't win races. Cars with talent behind the wheel do.

Bows don't kill record animals, either. Bows with killers at their helm do, and in Chuck's case, the killer dedicated his life to being behind that bow, something that might, just might, be worth more respect than the kill itself.

Chuck Adams took out a second mortgage on his home in order to kill his first brown bear. That doesn't sound like unlimited resources to me. That sounds like a desire and a willingness to take risk that 99.9% of the population lacks.