Did a little scouting....

Information about bow hunting in Missouri with our resident experts SAMCRO and Hunting 170.
RB
Admin Team

Re: Did a little scouting....

Post by RB » January 27th, 2014, 4:10 pm

PoisonSnake wrote:I don't like that comradery chit either CRO. I'm a lone wolf when it comes to deer hunting. If something gets screwed up, I want to be the person that does it.
Especially if it involves chainsaws. Cro, you should continue to pursue your hunts in solitary. In most camps you would not enjoy yourself. Someday, with the passage of time, you will realize its not about the killing. You just don't know that yet.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » January 27th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Actually, that's just a load of horsechit spewed out of the mouths of second-rate predators. If it wasn't about killing, why exactly am I out there? I enjoy being out there, taking my serial killers (they were scouting right along with me), guiding first-timers, all of it. Ultimately, however, the inescapable fact is that all of this effort and activity is directly solely on killing.

Don't preach to me about the experience - the experience is the hunting and effort, cold and sweat that culminates in watching the animal you're after through your pins, not the lens of a camera.

So, I get where you're coming from, and I've heard it all before, but for the CRO it will always be about blood spills and backstraps. I'll leave sitting around the campfire listening to PeePaw's stories to the weak.
All you thugs and ugly mugs dealing drugs and making noise,
You can kill each other all you want but if you touch my little boys,
You begging for this bullet will be the last thing that you say
before I let my dark side come out to play

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 28th, 2014, 8:42 am

SAMCRO wrote:Actually, that's just a load of horsechit spewed out of the mouths of second-rate predators. If it wasn't about killing, why exactly am I out there? I enjoy being out there, taking my serial killers (they were scouting right along with me), guiding first-timers, all of it. Ultimately, however, the inescapable fact is that all of this effort and activity is directly solely on killing.

Don't preach to me about the experience - the experience is the hunting and effort, cold and sweat that culminates in watching the animal you're after through your pins, not the lens of a camera.

So, I get where you're coming from, and I've heard it all before, but for the CRO it will always be about blood spills and backstraps. I'll leave sitting around the campfire listening to PeePaw's stories to the weak.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » January 28th, 2014, 4:10 pm

I went to take down my ground blind and exchange a camera card on the 42 acres I hunt up here, and I also found two scrapes that are still being worked. One is a community scrape that I am pretty sure gets worked year round, as it is usually freshened up during spring turkey season, but the other is in a new spot, and it wasn't there back in late December or early January. Freshly kicked up with fresh tracks and loose dirt thrown 5-6 feet out of it. Surprised me as well.
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » January 28th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Cool pix Craig. I run into this every year when I shed hunt. I go onto places that I never go during the season, and it amazes me the amount, and the size, of rubs that I see. Looks like you`re going to have a good 2014 season.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.