Camo'd camo camera

Information about bow hunting in Missouri with our resident experts SAMCRO and Hunting 170.
SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Camo'd camo camera

Post by SAMCRO » March 11th, 2014, 10:22 am

Worldly men will always chase cash and other self-serving gratuitous wastes of effort.
All you thugs and ugly mugs dealing drugs and making noise,
You can kill each other all you want but if you touch my little boys,
You begging for this bullet will be the last thing that you say
before I let my dark side come out to play

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » March 11th, 2014, 11:24 am

The PS needs more land too.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 11th, 2014, 1:27 pm

PoisonSnake wrote:The PS needs more land too.
You can never have enough land.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 11th, 2014, 1:42 pm

The CRO appreciates you land owners, and your constant need to purchase. That means less land to be developed or destroyed, and makes the CRO's trespassing much easier.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » March 12th, 2014, 8:00 am

:rotflmao:

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 12th, 2014, 8:18 am

Sammy boy, you should take some of that cash you have and buy some land. Then you wouldn't have to trespass and your family would love having a place to go. Try it, right Snake?

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » March 12th, 2014, 8:32 am

Yes, the CRO needs to buy some ground. If for nothing else than at least giving him another good access point for all of the "common ground" he hunts.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 12th, 2014, 10:34 am

Nope. Not gonna happen. The CRO has no interest in accumulating any debt, or paying Obama any additional taxes. The CRO lives debt-free, and puts his money into his investments. The CRO also has no interest in working until he's old like RB, and he intends to put his boys through college.

Regarding an access point to the common ground, there is no need to use quotation marks. It is common ground, and the GIS mapping indicates it as such. So, there's no need for a cute use of commas. Now, if that was meant because you believe SAMCRO might, at times, also hunt the equal chunk of private ground and call it "common ground". Well, go ahead and use the commas. :rotfl:

Officially, I've never set foot on that piece. Nope, I would never go past the purple paint, or the three yellow "No Trespassing" signs. If I did, I would know there was a large, well-built permanent shooting house about 150 yards inside the property, overlooking the first clear field. I would know that this litle house has a roof, and a fresh, black pull-up rope, with a clip.

I would know that behind it is a dry creek bed that, if followed, snakes it's way all the way to the back of the property. I might see that there are two ladder stands, and one hang on, all on the west side of the creek bed, in pretty good locations.

I would know that there's a smaller field at the end of the first field that can't be easily seen, as there's a bottle-neck that occurs first, just wide enough for an ATV. I guess I would even find the little spot where they dump the carcasses after deer are butchered.

I know none of these things, however, as I never stray across that line, and stick clearly on my side of the non-existant fence. :kiss:

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 12th, 2014, 11:05 am

SAMCRO wrote:Nope. Not gonna happen. The CRO has no interest in accumulating any debt, or paying Obama any additional taxes. The CRO lives debt-free, and puts his money into his investments. The CRO also has no interest in working until he's old like RB, and he intends to put his boys through college. :kiss:
Sammy, RB has done all you are yet to do plus a couple of weddings and accummulated land all debt free. RB also invests. As far investments the RB has done well in real estate and land is a good investment. In case you have not heard there is a finite supoly of it. RB also likes to provide an outdoor recreation environment for family members who have to live in places like St. Charles. So before you poo poo land investments you should look at all the wealthy farmers in your area who sold the land you live on. That is all grasshopper. PS has a good perspective on the value of land for both investmet and privacy. :flippa:

lonepine
2018 Member of the Year

Post by lonepine » March 13th, 2014, 7:44 am

I'm gone a little while and all this love. I LOVE THIS TOWN!!!!! :raisin:
BATV-the old man

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 13th, 2014, 9:09 am

RB, the CRO is very well-versed on the value of property from an investment perspective. Which is precisely why the CRO does not invest in property. There's a finite supply of everything, although land does get the nod in general terms for this.

The CRO, as you know, does nothing half-heartedly. The CRO is what you might call a full-bore kind of guy. The real issue lies in two things. One, since SAMCRO is only an all-or-nothing kind of guy, he is not interested in looking at land as an investment. The CRO would be investing himself in the land, and is not the kind of guy who could later part with it for some cash. So, the CRO prefers to avoid the whole thing. As a side note, although returns can be good (although without cherry-picking examples, this is certainly not always the case), the economy dictates the pace at which the transaction takes place. That's not a good thing for the CRO, who prefers more mobile markets, where the seller can set the pace.

Secondly, the CRO is as attention-deficit as they come. You can talk to the CRO's doctor, if you'd like, although I would guess you've figured this out. It comes in quite handy in general, as it translates into a high-drive and energy level, and allows the CRO to accomplish more and different things, if you will. It also translates into quickly-derived boredom, however, and this is not a good thing from the perspective of long-term land ownership. SAMCRO enjoys figuring a place out, enjoys learning all he can, and then enjoys moving on to different (not necessarily greener) pastures, if you will.

The CRO is scouting a newly-aquired, from a permission standpoint, chunk of heaven next weekend. SAMCRO will also be scouting, and hunting, an altogether different piece from that during turkey season. Two new places to roam will satisfy the CRO for a year or two, and then he will need more.

The CRO's backyard is a perfect setup for a man like him, as he has no investment in it, other than helping to pay the taxes. When time permits, it allows him to hunt it, and kill what he may want. It allows him to study the animals, try new things, and generally have a quick-access place to go, at no real cost.

Land ownership comes with a different price, a different perspective, and for different people. Going to the same spot, year after year after year, would make the CRO's head explode with boredom. Which is why the CRO is curious as to why RB has not extended an invitation. Even the Snake has done so. What a dick this RB can be.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 13th, 2014, 9:30 am

The above dissertation by the CRO is a well thought out personal assessment. The CRO makes some good if not personal observations about patience, of which he has little. That ADHD trait of the CRO can be a problem in managing a long term investment portfolio in the stock and bond market as well. A short term market focus can be one that generates only mediocre returns at best over time. The RB has a vast and diverse investment portfolio designed to produce a lifetime of returns for the RB and then his family. The conclusion to all this then becomes to each his own. Also, the RB has invited the CRO to visit his undesirable piece of land but the CRO declined. If the CRO is interested in such a visit he should make a personal inquiry of the RB. Such request may or may not be granted but the issue would be laid to rest.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » March 13th, 2014, 10:50 am

:rotflmao:

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 13th, 2014, 1:17 pm

RB, only the likes of the CRO and the Snake can successfully pull off third person perspective when referencing themselves. You come off like a 7-year-old boy who just played "go pissum" in his pants. Leave it to those with a presence. You'll thank me, later.

The very fact that you're ignorant enough to read the aforementioned CRO dialogue, and come to the conclusion that the CRO advocates in any way, shape, or form a short-term perspective in investing is reason enough to ignore (continue to ignore) any advice that spews from your wispy, cracked mouth opening.

The CRO not only fully understands the workings of the marketplace, but is willing to bet he can actually speak the language, unlike the RB. Whenever one uses terms such as "vast" and "diverse" and even the cookie-cutter "portfolio", it's a safe bet that the person has no fukking idea what they're talking about, instead letting "his" run-of-the-mill "money guy" handle it for him.

So, while you almost got it, just like everything else in life, RB once again just missed the mark. Let that sink in, let it marinate for a while in that swollen jungle fruit you call a head, that just as the years are slipping away from you, so, too, is any chance you'll ever have at matching the prowess of the CRO.

The CRO, for the record, does not ask anyone for permission to hunt. Others ask the CRO for permission to allow him. I would not set foot in that god-forsaken, cedar and tangle-infested yearling buck-producing chuck of mismanagement you call a farm even if you followed the above advice.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 14th, 2014, 7:34 am

CRO you are truly a legend.................in your own mind.