Camo'd camo camera

Information about bow hunting in Missouri with our resident experts SAMCRO and Hunting 170.
PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Re: Camo'd camo camera

Post by PoisonSnake » March 14th, 2014, 8:24 am

One thing about this post.... I'm learning quite a lot about finances.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 14th, 2014, 8:38 am

PoisonSnake wrote:One thing about this post.... I'm learning quite a lot about finances.
PS, that's a good thing. Its too bad the Cro has to brag about himself and his investment prowess. I don't think the CRO has ever had to manage 1/2 b in retirement assets so I'll just let his comments pass as those from a juvenile with an unusual personality.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 14th, 2014, 8:52 am

So, let me get this straight, RB. You, personally, were responsible for the management and oversight of the transactions, fees, fund selection, allocation, legal constraints, market influence studies, long-term strategic planning, oversight inspections, report preparation, and the million other financial tasks associated with the management of what I would assume is a standard issue 401k process, but could also be an outdated "retirement" strategy, to the tune of $500 million? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look, it's important to be honest, both with others and yourself. You may call it bragging, but at least I was honest in my own approach, and had a thought-out response to the quickly-called "buy land, cuz itz reel good infestmunt" line.

You, on the other hand, responded by pretending that in your role as an HR overseer you personally managed funds. That is either utter and complete horsechit, or your company isn't real bright. Most of the time, just so you know, the funds are handled by professionals, guided by the influence of company objectives. If you mean you received reports on performance, and somehow had something to do with the guidance, sure, I believe that part.

Nooooo, though, you said you "had to manage 1/2 b in retirement assets". That's precious, just precious. :kiss: :rotfl:
All you thugs and ugly mugs dealing drugs and making noise,
You can kill each other all you want but if you touch my little boys,
You begging for this bullet will be the last thing that you say
before I let my dark side come out to play

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 14th, 2014, 9:44 am

Glad you liked that buddy. We have people to do the grunt work. If you know how retirement plans work you know there is always a small plan committee made up of key decision makers so I didn't feel I had to say it. you have nailed a lot of the details of it but someone still has to make the final decision.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 14th, 2014, 10:15 am

Now we're getting somewhere, but we're still not done with the whole "honesty" thing. Now you're indicating that the HR overseer has final decision regarding investment funding. I know that might sound like something you could throw out there and not have caught, but give me a break. :rotfl:

If that's the case, retire now, your organization does things "differently". :rotfl:

I would suspect instead that HR has some requests, and even decision-making authority, when it comes to things like negotiated pension plans for the union contract workers, maybe even sits at the table when you're figuring out what chitty, generic "Vanguard" plan to offer the rest of the pale-faced army.

However, if, instead of the financial arm of the powers-that-be leading the horse to the correct waters, it's the human resources group, oh, buddy....that's not good. :rotfl:

Let's just be honest, RB. You don't manage the funds, we've already established that. Now I think it's safe to say we should admit that you don't have the "final authority", either. You probably sit on a little committee full of half-breeds, and your part has to do with co-pays, and other assorted bullchit, as you uselessly try to get your way with an insurance company. It's OK, buddy, maybe someone else will believe your story..... :rotfl:

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » March 14th, 2014, 11:34 am

I'm with Lonepine- leave this place for a couple of days and sometimes a particular thread will explode like a gut shot deer from a poorly-placed .30-06 bullet. :jmplgh:

I can understand and appreciate the CRO's position. Real estate is not the easy and overly profitable investment it is cracked up to be. The ROI for real estate is stable and generally outpaces inflation long-term but the overall ROI is usually not as large as for other more aggressive investment approaches like stocks and is not nearly as liquid either. Property ownership comes with a lot of responsibilities that take time and energy such as maintenance and management. I would dispute that it gets boring as there is always some activity to do like cutting trees, repairing fence, brush hogging, etc. but that is not for everyone. However there is also stress that comes from it such as easement issues, neighbor disputes, taxes, storm damage, etc.

I like the idea that I can go to a place that is my own and only have people there that I want there, and I don't mind the management activities for multiple reasons. My brother is one that would rather forgo all of that and simply hunt and fish other people's property like mine without the stress, responsibility, and capital expenditures and that works for him. To each his own.

BTW, the shitty "Vanguard" 401(k) retirement plan that I participate in with the rest of the pale-faced army has me on the way to being a millionaire by retirement. I know that is unrealized gain and will be taxed, but I am 100% vested and unless the stock market implodes into a second Great Depression for decades I should do just fine in retirement co0nsidering other investments like real estate. Again, to each his own.
Last edited by Tigerhaze on March 14th, 2014, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 14th, 2014, 12:00 pm

A million dollars.....awwww, cute. :kiss:

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 14th, 2014, 5:58 pm

SAMCRO wrote:A million dollars.....awwww, cute. :kiss:
Gary, don't try to rationalize with sammy. He is all knowing and all seeing.......if you don't beleive me just ask him. Sammy do you think I should get some classic car tires that Coker is doing in radial from the old patterns for my street rod? I just don't know if I should but I know I could ask you for the answer.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 14th, 2014, 6:43 pm

You don't drive worth a chit, RB, so it doesn't make a bit of difference what you wrap around the crusty, pitted bits of tin you call wheels. Just roll them around in the next steamer your neighbor leaves in the yard, and call it good.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 15th, 2014, 6:57 am

SAMCRO wrote:You don't drive worth a chit, RB, so it doesn't make a bit of difference what you wrap around the crusty, pitted bits of tin you call wheels. Just roll them around in the next steamer your neighbor leaves in the yard, and call it good.
Sammy, I can follow your advice but how do I get the crust and rust off my wheels.

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 17th, 2014, 1:31 pm

You're gonna have to figure it out. Seeing as how you can't get that old car out of the 80's car show era, by looking at the wheels, you have bigger fish to fry first. Bet your skullet looks sweet, flying as you drive.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 17th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Goober its a 48 Merc.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » March 17th, 2014, 4:33 pm

One thing the CRO has indicated that I agree about is not really wanting to give my piece of heaven up. I don't kill giants on it, but it is good for a couple of "good" deer each year. That and being close to home goes a long way in my book.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 17th, 2014, 7:08 pm

fPoisonSnake wrote:One thing the CRO has indicated that I agree about is not really wanting to give my piece of heaven up. I don't kill giants on it, but it is good for a couple of "good" deer each year. That and being close to home goes a long way in my book.
Snake, that is for sure

SAMCRO
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SAMCRO » March 18th, 2014, 10:46 am

RB wrote:Goober its a 48 Merc.
I'm not sure callling me a "goober" makes the most sense in your reply. It implies that you were stupid enough to interpret my comment about "80's show cars" to mean that I thought the purple, slow, gawdy display of operator age to have been produced in the 1980's.

Read slower, fall back into your old habit of moving your lips if need be, and try again. The implication has nothing to do with year of manufacturer, and everything to do with the car not having all-original equipment, and the aftermarket parts bearing the unremarkable signs of something seen on the old-man, Sunday-afternoon, Steak-n-Shake car show scene from that same '80's era in discussion.