Antlerless season

DON'T MISS THE TIP OF THE WEEK BY THE POISON SNAKE. ALSO, post your deer hunting and deer camp stories here.
RB
Admin Team

Antlerless season

Post by RB » December 9th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Did any body hunt the antlerless season? Have not seen any talk of it on here. Just got the report in the link in an email and the totals look pretty good for this year. Still plenty of hunting time left for archery, alternative and second youth season. So far only two does have been taken on our farm but we have not had a lot of hunting pressure this year. Have some good bucks running around the place but only one was shot at during the youth season and missed.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... from=share

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Re: Antlerless season

Post by PoisonSnake » December 9th, 2014, 1:55 pm

I haven't been out since the first Saturday of rifle season. I plan to hunt some this week and really wish I could have gotten out last week/weekend.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » December 9th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Due to shoulder surgery right before rifle season I didn't not go out at all. I still have about 8 more pt sessions before I am done. Should be good to go after that.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » December 10th, 2014, 4:36 pm

I never hunt the anterless season with a firearm. I do get out with a bow usually. Planned on hunting this past weekend, but we were all under the weather. I went Saturday morning, but didn't see anything. There was a ton of fresh sign in the plots though!!!
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » December 15th, 2014, 8:47 pm

I hunted the last Sunday of the antlerless season at my NW MO property; with the slightly warmer weather and having been shot at the last month they have gotten predictably smart. About 8 to 10 were moving out of heavy cover right at twilight across large fields from draw to draw. I had around a 200-300 yard shot at a couple of them that strayed from the main group but even with large objective lens on the scope I couldn't make out if they even had antlers or not and was well beyond legal shooting time. They are still out there though.

I am planning to hunt the alternate season with my .44 mag. To be honest I have a heck of a lot more fun with that then with the rifle anymore.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » December 17th, 2014, 8:34 am

My wife has put some "well-placed" travel plans into my schedule which has seriously limited my late season antics. I'm not terribly happy to say the least.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » December 18th, 2014, 7:52 am

PS, hope its too a warm weather location.