Checkin' in with y'all

This is the place for general discussion about hunting and all outdoor topics including pics of the HCOTW. Moderated by Warmouth, 2012 MEMBER OF THE YEAR.
Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Checkin' in with y'all

Post by Rafe Hollister » July 24th, 2018, 5:13 pm

I haven't posted in 3+ years. Had some login issues that took some effort from RB & Jim Dog. Anyway, here I am.

Been busy.

Killed lotsa shit.
Divorced & remarried.
Sold a house.
Bought some guns.
Bought a Ford Explorer.
Bred a litter of beagles & fixin' to breed another.
Caught a bunch of fish.
Youngest kid is a fishing fanatic now.

I think that catches you up. :D
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

RB
Admin Team

Re: Checkin' in with y'all

Post by RB » July 25th, 2018, 6:19 am

Glad you got back in Rafe. Been a while. Sounds like last few years you been pretty busy with everything. Some good stuff and some tough stuff. Regardless, killing lots of shit and kids fishing are always good. There aren't many of us but everyone helps.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » July 25th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Well I'll be jiggered. Look who stopped by.
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » August 2nd, 2018, 11:48 am

Blast from the past- don't worry all of us working folk are busy except RB who loves to flaunt his retired status in our faces.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 2nd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Tigerhaze wrote:Blast from the past- don't worry all of us working folk are busy except RB who loves to flaunt his retired status in our faces.
You bet your ass I like to flaunt it. Gives you some incentive to get there. Its a matter of public service for me.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » August 2nd, 2018, 10:10 pm

I am kinda in between those statuses...I have a job, but don't work very hard. It's planned that way so when I retire in 25 years, it won't be such a sudden change. :-P
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 3rd, 2018, 8:46 am

Rafe Hollister wrote:I am kinda in between those statuses...I have a job, but don't work very hard. It's planned that way so when I retire in 25 years, it won't be such a sudden change. :-P
Rafe, sounds like a plan but regardless the change to retirement isn't sudden its welcomed. I loved my work but haven't been back there since I retired. Lot's of friends and co-workers said I would be begging for something to do in a month after retiring and I told them if I was going to do that and work for peanuts why would I retire. I love being retired. Even better than when I was a kid and off in the summer.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 3rd, 2018, 8:46 am

Rafe Hollister wrote:I am kinda in between those statuses...I have a job, but don't work very hard. It's planned that way so when I retire in 25 years, it won't be such a sudden change. :-P
Rafe, sounds like a plan but regardless the change to retirement isn't sudden its welcomed. I loved my work but haven't been back there since I retired. Lot's of friends and co-workers said I would be begging for something to do in a month after retiring and I told them if I was going to do that and work for peanuts why would I retire. I love being retired. Even better than when I was a kid and off in the summer.