trottlines over Memorial weekend

Information about catfish fishing in Missouri
Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

trottlines over Memorial weekend

Post by Warmouth » June 1st, 2004, 11:59 am

had a good time and brought in lots of fish. the bigg'en was 33lb flathead, with 26lb blue, 21lb flathead, 17lb blue, and 3fish 5-10lbs all caught on Sat. 29th. 14 fish on the lines 7 kept.

we had a fish break the leader line also! we were running the line and felt it, saw the mainline being dragged all over but never saw the fish, before we got to it, the leader broke (doubled over 78lb snagging line) the line must have had a weak spot that got worked over all night, still it was a big fish, over 50lb probably, couldn't tell if it was a blue or flathead.

Sat evening baiting up, we had 3 blues 4-5lbs or so that had hit during the day on bare hooks. happens all the time, sometimes we get 15+lb fish on bare hooks during the day, always blues.

Sun. morning only had 5 or so, kept 2 blues over 10lbs and pulled in the lines, had plenty in the freezer, no need to go overboard and take more than we need. we had 51 hooks out between me and my father inlaw, baited with perch, and had better luck on the shallower hooks, 14-19ft of water.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Re: trottlines over Memorial weekend

Post by Wolfman » June 5th, 2004, 1:57 am

Did'nt get to wet a hook memorial day weekend. Between a front brake locking up and an engine fire on the way home i have'nt had a chance(or time) to go fishing.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » June 5th, 2004, 2:59 pm

Too bad that while you were stranded on the side of the road a couple good-looking topless blonde chicks didn't come by and offer to have hot jungle sex with you. Or did they??
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:34 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear